- Saint Paul Catholic High (1977) - Class President, National Honor Society, Varsity Football, Connecticut Boy's State
- Holy Cross College (B.S. 1981) - Chairman College Judicial Board, Rugby Team
- Suffolk University School of Law (J. D. Cum Laude 1984)
- State of Connecticut, 1984
- United States District Court, District of Connecticut, 1985
- Connecticut Bar Association, 1984 to present
- Bristol Hospital: Chairman of Board 2008-2009, Director 1995-2009, awarded Chairman Emeritus status 2009, Corporator 1995 to present.
- Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center: Director 2007-2009; Corporator 2012 to 2017.
- Liberty Bank; Corporator 2014-present
- Bristol Charter Revision Committee: Chairman 2007-2008
- Greater Bristol Chamber of Commerce 1991-2016, director, officer, chairman 2012-2014, awarded Chairman Emeritus status 2016
- Central Connecticut Red Cross: Past Director
- Central Connecticut Regional Planning Agency 1985-2007: Member, Chairman (twice)
- Saint Joseph School Association 1998-2001, President
- Recipient, Central Connecticut Revolving Loan Fund Advocacy Award 2005.
- Recipient, Bristol School Business Partnership, Fred Soliani Leadership Award 1999
- Recipient, E. Bartlett Barnes Distinguished Service Award from Central Connecticut Chamber of Commerce 2018
- Lifelong resident Bristol Connecticut.
- Married to Valerie Carlson Furey, 35 years, three children. Hanna, Lacey & Conor